Your safety at the event
We appreciate that in light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, there might be questions around the 2021 Fleet News Awards Summer Garden Party.
Your health and safety is our number one priority at the event. As the automotive industry moves forward, we are dedicated to delivering events and facilitating gatherings with health and safety at the top of the agenda.
Our mostly outdoor event, FNA, will TAKE PLACE on July 6th and in line with the latest government guidance. We have worked alongside the AEO (Association of Event Organisers) to develop the All Secure Standard, an industry wide benchmark for the safe return of organised events so you can attend with confidence.
If the government roadmap conditions are met, then from July onwards most restrictions will be lifted, and the number of guests attending events will increase in capacities. However as we understand it, the guidelines attached to Events are forever changing, so we are currently following the DCMS and Government advice attached to Business Events, and ourselves and Ascot will be implementing the following guidelines for the Fleet News Awards Summer Garden Party at Ascot Racecourse.
- We will be asking our guests to provide us with pre-attendance information to support any potential screening and prevent people attending if they have symptoms of COVID-19.
- We will ensure we communicate, any restrictions and safety measures in place, so all our guests have the opportunity to ask any questions prior attending the event at Ascot.
- We have adapted our event layout to allow 1m+ social distancing between each table, however one key change is that we have adapted our event location, where guests will be seated in the grounds of Ascot Racecourse, overlooking the world famous racecourse. This will encourage extra ventilation, which can be used as a control measure to reduce the risk of transmission of COVD-19.
- Signage will be displayed where needed, to highlight social distancing requirements (should this still be a Government advice). We will also ensure that social distancing measures are in place not just where the event is being conducted, but also at the entrances and exits, serving areas and similar settings.
- We will have a cleaning team prior any guests’ arrival, as well as providing cleaning throughout the event focusing on any potential frequent touch points such as door handles and surfaces. We will be minimizing the use of shared objects, so each guest in attendance, will be provided with their own individual hand sanitizers, and event programme.
- We will be managing our guests’ arrival where the entrance route is outdoors and avoids any potential queues. We will encourage the same for departure to avoid any potential groups forming on departure. The key benefit at Ascot is outdoor space; where the entire event is designed outdoors where we typically welcome up to 50,000+ guests.
- We have arranged specific areas for the food and drinks services to allow the serving team to have ample space during the event. Where all catering will be outside, we will ensure every guest has pre-allocated seating where they can consume food and drink while seated. To avoid crowding, we will be organising zones within the event space, and arrange staggered service, where guests will be invited to select their catering to still allow our guests to have choice on the day. All catering will be served by a member of the 1711 By Ascot Catering team, who will have all the appropriate PPE (should this still be a Government requirement).
- Where possible tray service will be available for all guests on arrival, once the account bar is no longer available, guests will be welcomed to the Bar where we will be encouraging contactless payments and ensuring all guests socially distance.
- We have designed the event to be an outdoor event to increase ventilation, where the structure will not have any structural sides to run fresh air throughout the day. The current measures strongly recommend holding meetings outdoors or in well-ventilated rooms whenever possible so this is the best potential measure.
If you have any specific concerns, please contact Sandra Evitt.
The Fleet News Awards Team