Award Categories & Entry Process
Please note: it is free to enter the Fleet News Awards 2020
- Safe Fleet Award - sponsorship available
- Environmental Fleet Award - sponsorship available
- Best Travel and Mobility Initiative - sponsorship available
- Most Improved Fleet - sponsored by Northgate Vehicle Hire
- Fleet of the Year – up to 1,000 vehicles - sponsored by Reflex Vehicle Hire
- Fleet of the Year – 1,001-plus vehicles - sponsored by Zenith
Manufacturer Awards - sponsorship available
- Best Small Car
- Best Lower Medium Car
- Best Upper Medium Car
- Best Compact SUV
- Best Mid-size SUV
- Best Compact Premium Car
- Best Premium Car
- Best Executive Car
- Best Zero Emission Car
- Green Fleet Manufacturer
- Most Improved Fleet Manufacturer
- Leasing Company – up to 20,000 vehicles - sponsored by Jaama
- Leasing Company – more than 20,000 vehicles - sponsored by SalesMaster
- Rental Company of the Year - sponsorship available
- Customer Service Award - sponsored by Copart
- Fleet Dealer of the Year - sponsored by Leasys
- Innovation in Mobility Technology Award - sponsorship available
- Fleet Supplier of the Year - sponsorship available
- New Company Car of the Year - sponsorship available
- Fleet Manufacturer of the Year - sponsored by KeeResources
- Fleet Champion Award - sponsored by VisionTrack
- Fleet Manager of the Year - sponsored by Trakm8
- Fleet News Hall of Fame - sponsored by the AA
- Premium Product Placement - sponsored by BMW (UK)
- Pre-dinner drinks - sponsored by ŠKODA UK
- Table Gifts - sponsored by Trakm8
- Band Sponsorship - sponsorship available
- Fleet manager roundtables & pre-dinner drinks sponsor - sponsored by ŠKODA UK
- After-dinner feature room (Jeeves Suite) - sponsorship available
- Photo booth - sponsorship available
- Lutyens Bar Sponsorship - sponsorship available
The FN Awards - model categories
Fleet News will create a list containing every model on the market in each of the nine categories. The judging panel will then select the winners against the awards matrix of the key criteria that fleets consider when adding cars to their choice lists.
• Running costs (SMR, depreciation, fuel)
• CO2 emissions
• Safety (technology and Euro NCAP rating)
• Manufacturer support (conversions, business support, bespoke relationships) and aftersales/dealer support
• Driver appeal (P11D pricing/BIK, badge image, performance)
• Range consideration (3dr/5dr/estate, 2WD/4WD, engine options)
For estate: luggage capacity
For 4x4: Ground clearance, type of 4x4 system
In addition to the above, manufacturers are asked to submit entries with the following information:
Cars: Answer the following (max 100 words for each answer):
• What is new about this car since January 2019 (e.g. all-new model, new engines, facelift, new trims, etc.)?
• Which model(s) (i.e. engine/trim) is/are most appropriate to fleets?
• Why is this car relevant to fleets?
Most improved manufacturer/green manufacturer of the year
Both categories do require an entry form to be completed. See relevant category for entry details.
Rules for entry
• Companies can submit entries for as many categories as they wish, as long as they are eligible.
• The editor decides whether an entry is valid for a particular category.
• The judging panel (chaired by Christopher Macgowan) has the right to withhold any award if, in its opinion, no entry is of a high enough standard.
• Every care will be taken with material submitted but none can be returned and no responsibility will be accepted for any loss or damage.
• Decisions by the judging panel are final.
• Bauer Media, the judges and sponsors of the Fleet News Awards 2019 shall not be held responsible for any legal proceedings arising from the entries or the statements made therein; nor can they accept responsibility for the veracity of statements made by entrants, although every care will be taken to check entries.
1. There are word limits to each question
2. Attachments cannot be added to any entry
3. The awards that do not require entry forms are decided by the judging panel.
ALL ENTRIES MUST REACH US BY FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 29.
Interviews (relevant for 'Fleet of the Year' categories only)
Where category judging requires an interview (Fleet of the Year categories), shortlisted candidates will be invited for a 30-minute interview by the judging panel on either January 29th or January 30th, 2020.
Candidates will be notified of this by mid-December.
If you have any queries regarding the entry process please email email@example.com.