Award Categories & Entry Process
1. Fleet of the Year – up to 1,000 vehicles - sponsorship available
2. Fleet of the Year – 1001-plus vehicles - sponsorship available
3. Most Improved Fleet of the Year - sponsored by Reflex Vans
4. Safe Fleet of the Year - sponsored by Licence Check
5. Eco Fleet of the Year – sponsored by BMW (UK)
6. Outstanding Cost Control – sponsored by Zenith
Manufacturer Awards - sponsorship available
7. Best Small Car
8. Best Lower-Medium Car
9. Best Upper-Medium Car
10. Best Compact SUV
11. Best Mid-size SUV
12. Best People Carrier
13. Best Compact Premium Car
14. Best Premium Car
15. Best Executive Car
16. Best Zero Emission Car
17. Green Fleet Manufacturer of the Year
18. Most Improved Fleet Manufacturer of the Year
19. Leasing Company of the Year – up to 20,000 vehicles – sponsored by Jaguar Land Rover
20. Leasing Company of the Year – more than 20,000 vehicles – sponsored by Jaguar Land Rover
21. Rental Company of the Year - sponsored by Interactive Fleet Management
22. Outstanding Customer Service Award – sponsored by ŠKODA UK
23. Innovate Use of Technology - sponsored by Nissan Motor (GB)
24. Fleet Dealer of the Year - sponsored by Santander Consumer UK
25. Fleet Manager of the Year - sponsored by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
26. Fleet Supplier of the Year - sponsored by Hyundai Motor UK
27. New Company Car of the Year – sponsorship available
28. Fleet Manufacturer of the Year - sponsored KeeResources
29. Fleet News Hall of Fame Award - sponsored by The AA
Pre-dinner drinks reception - sponosred by ŠKODA UK
Table gifts - sponsored by Santander Consumer UK
Band sponsorship - sponsorship available
Fleet manager roundtables & pre-dinner drinks sponsor - sponsored by ŠKODA UK
After-dinner feature room (Jeeves Suite) – sponsored by Autoglass
Photo booth - sponsored by Fleet LIVE
Lutyens bar branding - sponsored by Aston Barclay
Premium product placement - sponsored by Suzuki GB
The FN Awards - model categories
Fleet News will create a list containing every model on the market in each of the nine categories. The judging panel will then select the winners against the awards matrix of the key criteria that fleets consider when adding cars to their choice lists.
• Running costs (SMR, depreciation, fuel)
• CO2 emissions
• Safety (technology and Euro NCAP rating)
• Manufacturer support (conversions, business support, bespoke relationships) and aftersales/dealer support
• Driver appeal (P11D pricing/BIK, badge image, performance)
• Range consideration (3dr/5dr/estate, 2WD/4WD, engine options)
For estate: luggage capacity
For 4x4: Ground clearance, type of 4x4 system
In addition to the above, manufacturers are asked to submit entries with the following information:
Cars: Answer the following (max 100 words for each answer):
• What is new about this car since December 2014 (e.g. all-new model, new engines, facelift, new trims, etc.)?
• Which model(s) (i.e. engine/trim) is/are most appropriate to fleets?
• Why is this car relevant to fleets?
Most improved manufacturer/green manufacturer of the year
Both categories do require an entry form to be completed. See relevant category for entry details.
Rules for entry
• Companies can submit entries for as many categories as they wish, as long as they are eligible.
• The editor decides whether an entry is valid for a particular category.
• The judging panel (chaired by Christopher Macgowan) has the right to withhold any award if, in its opinion, no entry is of a high enough standard.
• Every care will be taken with material submitted but none can be returned and no responsibility will be accepted for any loss or damage.
• Decisions by the judging panel are final.
• Bauer Media, the judges and sponsors of the Fleet News Awards 2017 shall not be held responsible for any legal proceedings arising from the entries or the statements made therein; nor can they accept responsibility for the veracity of statements made by entrants, although every care will be taken to check entries.
1. There are word limits to each question
2. Attachments cannot be added to any entry
3. The awards that do not require entry forms are decided by the judging panel.
Please support answers with graphs and tables where appropriate and relevant facts/figures.
ALL ENTRIES MUST REACH US BY FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17.
Interviews (relevant for 'Fleet of the Year' categories only)
Where category judging requires an interview (Fleet of the Year categories), shortlisted candidates will be invited for a 30-minute interview by the judging panel on either January 31st or February 1st, 2018.
Candidates will be notified of this by mid-December.
If you have any queries regarding the entry process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.