Award Categories & Entry Process
Please note, it is free to enter the Fleet News Awards
1. Fleet of the Year – up to 1,000 vehicles – sponsored by Reflex
2. Fleet of the Year – 1001-plus vehicles – sponsored by Zenith
3. Most Improved Fleet of the Year – sponsorship available
4. Safe Fleet of the Year – sponsorship available
5. Ultra-low Emission Fleet of the Year – sponsored by BMW (UK)
6. Travel and Mobility Initiative – sponsored by Goodyear Dunlop Tyres
Manufacturer Awards – sponsorship available
7. Best Small Car
8. Best Lower Medium Car
9. Best Upper Medium Car
10. Best Compact SUV
11. Best Mid-size SUV
12. Best People Carrier
13. Best Compact Premium Car
14. Best Premium Car
15. Best Executive Car
16. Best Zero Emission Car
17. Green Fleet Manufacturer of the Year
18. Most Improved Fleet Manufacturer of the Year
19. Leasing Company of the Year – up to 20,000 vehicles – sponsorship available
20. Leasing Company of the Year – more than 20,000 vehicles – sponsorship available
21. Rental Company of the Year – sponsored by Interactive Fleet Management
22. Customer Service Award – sponsorship available
23. Fleet Dealer of the Year – sponsorship available
24. Fleet Manager of the Year – sponsorship available
25. Fleet Supplier of the Year – sponsored by Hyundai Motor UK
26. New Company Car of the Year – sponsored by Halfords Autocentres
27. Fleet Manufacturer of the Year – sponsored KeeResources
28. Fleet Champion of the Year – sponsorship available
29. Fleet News Hall of Fame Award – sponsorship available
Pre-dinner drinks reception – sponosred by ŠKODA UK
Table gifts – sponsorship available
Band sponsorship – sponsorship available
Fleet manager roundtables & pre-dinner drinks sponsor – sponsored by ŠKODA UK
After-dinner feature room (Jeeves Suite) – sponsorship available
Photo booth – sponsorship available
Lutyens bar branding – sponsorship available
Premium product placement – sponsorship available
The FN Awards - model categories
Fleet News will create a list containing every model on the market in each of the nine categories. The judging panel will then select the winners against the awards matrix of the key criteria that fleets consider when adding cars to their choice lists.
• Running costs (SMR, depreciation, fuel)
• CO2 emissions
• Safety (technology and Euro NCAP rating)
• Manufacturer support (conversions, business support, bespoke relationships) and aftersales/dealer support
• Driver appeal (P11D pricing/BIK, badge image, performance)
• Range consideration (3dr/5dr/estate, 2WD/4WD, engine options)
For estate: luggage capacity
For 4x4: Ground clearance, type of 4x4 system
In addition to the above, manufacturers are asked to submit entries with the following information:
Cars: Answer the following (max 100 words for each answer):
• What is new about this car since January 2018 (e.g. all-new model, new engines, facelift, new trims, etc.)?
• Which model(s) (i.e. engine/trim) is/are most appropriate to fleets?
• Why is this car relevant to fleets?
Most improved manufacturer/green manufacturer of the year
Both categories do require an entry form to be completed. See relevant category for entry details.
Rules for entry
• Companies can submit entries for as many categories as they wish, as long as they are eligible.
• The editor decides whether an entry is valid for a particular category.
• The judging panel (chaired by Christopher Macgowan) has the right to withhold any award if, in its opinion, no entry is of a high enough standard.
• Every care will be taken with material submitted but none can be returned and no responsibility will be accepted for any loss or damage.
• Decisions by the judging panel are final.
• Bauer Media, the judges and sponsors of the Fleet News Awards 2019 shall not be held responsible for any legal proceedings arising from the entries or the statements made therein; nor can they accept responsibility for the veracity of statements made by entrants, although every care will be taken to check entries.
1. There are word limits to each question
2. Attachments cannot be added to any entry
3. The awards that do not require entry forms are decided by the judging panel.
Please support answers with graphs and tables where appropriate and relevant facts/figures.
ALL ENTRIES MUST REACH US BY FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23.
Interviews (relevant for 'Fleet of the Year' categories only)
Where category judging requires an interview (Fleet of the Year categories), shortlisted candidates will be invited for a 30-minute interview by the judging panel on either January 30th or January 31st, 2019.
Candidates will be notified of this by mid-December.
If you have any queries regarding the entry process please email email@example.com.